A Year of Pretty - February 14, 2014

Today is Valentine's Day. Not that I believe in a special day to show the people you love that you care about them with overpriced flowers and dinner in a busy restaurant with another couple squished right beside you and food taking forever and a day to come to your table.

But as I said in yesterday's post, I do like to bake treats for people, regardless if it's a special occasion or not. Those that know me have been subject to my many baking days; days where I just feel I need to bake because I want ONE really good fresh brownie or cookie. I can't eat the whole batch or I'd have to be constantly at the gym (ugh!), so I bring my baking to work or to my parents. 

Though, these little pink French macarons are a Valentine's Day gift I could get into. I love French macarons, especially those done up in pretty boxes. I am headed to Paris in the fall and one of the things on my list is to visit Ladurée on the Champs Élysées. 

 So Happy Valentine's Day, and may your day be filled with sweet treats and lovely surprises; whether you are a believer in February 14th needing to be especially romantic or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment