get crackin' . . .

Aren't these eggs gorgeous? I adore the beautiful color arangement and contrast, almost too pretty to break open . . .almost.

There are so many things I want to make this weekend. Top of my list is cookies. Rich, dark chocolate cookies that hide chunks of ooey-gooey chocolate that melt in your mouth. I have a couple new recipes I've been looking at, so I think I'll try one or two of them out. Then I'll take them to work and test drive them on my co-workers to see which they prefer.

My nephew is a big fan of cupcakes. I've been toying with the idea of taking our family's Chocolate Buttermilk Sheetcake recipe which makes a lusciously moist and fluffy cake, and using it to make cupcakes instead. The recipe uses dark Dutch process cocoa instead of baking chocolate and I usually bake it in a 13x9 inch baking dish. When it's done baking, I cover the top with mini marshmallows and place it under the broiler for a couple minutes just to a toasted gloden color, then remove the pan and drizzle with melted chocolate. Talk about sin city . . indeed!

Also in consideration for this weekend is a cheesecake. I have three packages of cream cheese in the fridge that are calling out . .."cheesecake . .we want to be a Cheeeeeesecaaaake !" And with all the fresh berries in season, this is a great time to make one.

So it looks like a happy weekend of baking is ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment